We are seeking a full time skilled manual machinist to produce high precision parts using a Hardinge Super-Precision lathe plus Jones & Shipman 1311 & Myford MG12, primarily small batch and second op work.
Qualities we are looking for:
- Apprentice trained, highly skilled and experienced manual turner/cylindrical grinder, capable of working to high tolerances
- Experience of ISO and aerospace quality working practices
- Ability to work under pressure to meet delivery targets
- Ability to be a resourceful and productive team member
- Willingness to assist in extra, occasional duties such as absence cover for colleagues
The main duties of the position include:
- Turning of precision parts, leaving a grinding allowance
- Burn free grinding of heat treated parts
- Final turning of parts after grinding
- Turning a variety of low volume parts
- Polishing parts prior to plating to ensure good surface finish
- Polishing parts post plating to ensure good surface finish before final inspection
We are offering a competitive salary plus attractive staff benefits and generous holiday.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please email firstname.lastname@example.org, attaching a covering letter and your CV.